Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Aloha

I never know what to write on blogs.  I feel the words I use to convey a message usually get messed up from the time they form in my brain to the time my fingers tap them out on the keyboard.  Every thing sounds good in theory, and then I sit back and behold the garbage that was of my own creation.  So I going to use as little words possible on here, but i doubt that will work.  This blog is more of a .... professional one, you could say.  I have Twitter and Tumblr, but i feel none of those seem to ever get my point across, as I usually just post things that I like, or rant about how I'm feeling.  I guess that's what blogs are for, but when it's visible by all your friends, well, the feelings sometimes get skewed, and messages get read the wrong way.  So I'm leaving those blogs for those reasons.

This blog is going to be a bit more... educational, I suppose.  On here, I hope to post things that are of my own creation; photographs, artwork, songs, stories, whatever.  

So, that being said, let me tell you a little bit about myself.  I'm 21 years young, from the (beautiful) town of Lindenhurst, on Long Island, in New York.  I go to school at the Fashion Institute of Technology in Manhattan, where i study Advertising and Marketing Communications.  I hate it.  Not the school, but the major.  I tend to think i have a creative mind, and the urge to explore and photograph and draw seems to burst from my seams, but due to my non-productivity  in high school, I went off to college without a portfolio.  Whatever.  I feel I learn what I need to just by looking at what people are doing on the computer next to me.  I'll manage with what I have at my disposal.

I tend to become obsessive about certain things in my life, and it feels as if those certain things i cannot live without anymore.  Those 'certain things' are the following; surfing, the Atlantic Ocean, the Great South Bay, film photography, skateboarding, snowboarding, guitar (or music in general.  I need an instrument in my hands everyday, or I go crazy), sunshine, coffee, girls, Vans, Levis, plaid shirts, bonfires, stars, the countryside, nature, water, Twitter, vintage amplifiers, PBR, Schaeffer, Fender, Gibson, clouds, boats, BBQ, warmth, and friends.

I know it seems like a lot, but in actuality, I'm an extremely simple person.  So I invite you to follow my blog, and see the world through my eyes.  Enjoi.

No comments:

Post a Comment