Thursday, November 10, 2011

Untitled

Untitled by sir jeenyus
Untitled, a photo by sir jeenyus on Flickr.
It's been a really long time since I posted anything on this blog. I don't know what the delay was really. Definitely just my laziness. Nothing really good has happened in the past months that's gotten me out of a deep rut that I've been in for good. It's at a point where I don't know if I can ever recover from what happened. Things just seem to get worse and worse; something that I didn't think was possible. I know they say 'things have to get worse before they can get better.' If I'm not at the worst yet, I really don't want to know what that is.

On a lighter note, on August 13th, my friends Ryan, Joe and I rode our bikes out to Montauk Point from our houses in Lindenhurst, a 100 mile journey that took us 12 hours and 23 minutes (timed pretty accurately). It was a ridiculous experience, which I promise to post a full story on in the near future (there's a word document that keeps getting added too as I remember more and more). It was the first I REALLY got to experience eastern Long Island, and it made me fall in love with the place. After our perilous journey, we bunked at my friend Kelly's house (life saver!) and rested our weary legs. The next day, we wanted to go see the light house, even if it was raining like crazy. After a good breakfast, we navigated cross some pretty risky rocks to stare out at the Atlantic for a while. This is Joe, who rode his mom's bike the entire way. His bike was stuck in 1st gear for the journey. Kudos. Shot on a Pentax K-1000 with expired Fuji News Pro, then cross processed.

No comments:

Post a Comment