Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bridge

Bridge by sir jeenyus
Bridge, a photo by sir jeenyus on Flickr.

Interesting thing about this photo is that it wasn't edited at all. I took this through the viewfinder of an old Pentax K-1000, that belonged to my sister's boyfriend's dad back when he was a kid. I saw the camera at his (my sister's boyfriend) house back in December during a Christmas party, and I needed it as soon as I laid my eyes on it. After being given the okay, I took it home that night. My mother despised the sight of it, because of the grime that had built up on it over the years. I thought that just added to the charm. The next day, I loaded it up with some expired film and carefully took some shots. Seemed to work. This photo here was taken on a digital camera, simply through the view finder of the Pentax.


This vantage point is from one of my favorite parks, Gardiner's, which I seem to find myself returning to more and more frequently. It's a nice walk through the woods, which can or cannot be secluded, depending on your liking, and finally leads to a little stretch of beach on the bay. The Robert Moses Causeway is visible. Unless you have a boat, that's pretty much the main lifeline to get to the beach, and during the summer months, it can back up for an hour or two. The bridge is 3 miles long, but you wouldn't think it driving over it. Usually the anticipation of finally getting on the sand dulls the thought, or maybe it's the fact that the windows are down and the music is turned up. Either way, it's an amazing drive.


I only shot a few pictures on the Pentax day, on some expired Kodak T-Max Pro, which has YET to be developed, but surely will eventually. I'm dying to see the results. And I absolutely love black and white film, so it's been bugging me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment