Saturday, June 11, 2011

Surfacing

Surfacing by sir jeenyus
Surfacing, a photo by sir jeenyus on Flickr.

This is from last summer, which now that I look back on, was a mixture of one of the best and worst summers ever. I can't make up my mind whether I hated it or loved it. My best friend Mike (pictured) and myself would spend every weekend at our favorite cove in the Great South Bay; Coast Guard. A calm little place where there's always old dudes drinking and waves are right through a cut in the heavy brush and across the highway. I can see it all so vividly, plunging into bottomless cove, grabbing my board and paddling over to the shoreline, walking over some old plywood and pieces of plastic playground which made way into rough grass. The concrete highway was always plenty hot, but I loved that feel on my feet. Onto the beach at this point, and I was practically running just to see the waves. A super good session and we'd return to the boat to sit back, listen to some Rooney, watch the sunset and practice our dives off the back. Mike posed for this one, and after a few attempts, I got the perfect image. The black and white really brings out the intensity of it. I absolutely love this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment